Five Ways to Escape the Summer Heat!
Summer’s in the Low Country our hot!! Here are my five favorite ways to beat the summer heat!!
1. Catch a movie matinee or concert at the Tybee Post Theater. Our charming 1930’s theater was built for soldiers at Fort Screvyn. It is the best place to escape the August heat! Besides the musical and movie line ups- the theater also boasts a full service bar and snack stand. Check out Tybee Post Theater for a detailed schedule of events for couples and families!
2. My favorite way to spend a hot summer afternoon is reading a good book! All nine guest rooms provides comfy sitting chairs and excellent air condition for guests to enjoy an afternoon inside. Most rooms at the Beachview have a handful books for share!! However, Tybee Island has a quaint library for visitors to view books and find comfy chairs to enjoy!! Click here for more information.
3. Embrace the heat and take a bike ride across the island and allow the ocean breeze to cool you off as you experience Tybee Island like a local! A stay at Beachview offers yellow beach cruisers for your enjoyment.
4. Our 100 plus year old house was built when Tybee Island was enjoyed without the comforts of air condition. It is hard to imagine. Builders understood how to build verandas that captured ocean breezes!! This allowed locals to enjoy the island before air condition- even with the heat! Enjoy our historical veranda with tall glass of lemonade or rum punch with a slice of homemade pound cake or chocolate chip cookie!
5. Our small island boasts several educational museums for visitors to enjoy. Our lighthouse is the tallest and oldest in the state of Georgia and boasts three complete light-keeper cottages for visitors to enjoy. Admission to the Tybee Island Lighthouse also gains entry into the Tybee Island Museum that is located in a military battery. The third local museum for visitors to enjoy is the Tybee Island Marine Science Center located near the pier. The Marine Science Center has activities year round for visitors to enjoy Georgia’s marine life including ocean tours, a center with marine life, and gift shop.
No matter the temperature- Tybee Island and Beachview Bed and Breakfast- offers the best location and lodging amenities for a relaxing beach vacation!! Our nine rooms are the cleanest on the island and includes a full breakfast, snacks, bikes, beach supplies, and so much more!! It’s time to book your August 2017 stay at Beachview!